Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Amitabh feels drawn towards Sikhism

IANS

Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan, whose mother was a Sikh, says he feels drawn towards the religion and wants to visit the Golden Temple in Amritsar with his children Abhishek and Shweta but can't because of time constraints.

Abhishek shoots in the holy city of Amritsar and his sister Shweta joins him to pay homage and prayer at the Harmandir Saheb. I wish I could do the same, but am unable to. Soon however I shall find the time. Or as they say in such situations, when the time comes He will call you...," Amitabh posted on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com.

The actor, whose mother, late Teji Bachchan, belonged to a Sikh family, says the Sikh bloods in him 'beckons'.

The Sikh blood in me beckons and I must honour it. It is rather strange, but in the last few months, my attraction and interest towards my Sikh links attain some prominence and I feel drawn towards it," he said.

Amitabh says he wears two lockets of Guru Nanak all the time and even has a photograph of all the Gurus, presented by director Raj Kanwar, that finds space at his place of worship.

I seek blessings from them each morning - Sat Naam Wahe Guru , I recite, as I touch their images and a strange sense of fulfillment and strength consumes me," he added.

with thanks : source : http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullstory.php?id=14933726

SikhsIndia
www.sohnijodi.com
www.sikhsindia.blogspot.com
www.RWABhagidari.blogspot.com

No comments: