Monday, December 7, 2009

Ragi reacts, rejects jathedars’ decision

Says was summoned to appear before Akal Takht and ‘not in their personal office’

Former Akal Takht jathedar Prof Darshan Singh Ragi today refused to accept the pronouncement of the five Sikh high priests, who declared him ‘Tankhaiya’ (guilty of religious misconduct) on Saturday.

Speaking at his residence here, Ragi said, “The Sikh clergy had summoned me to the Akal Takht, and I went there with all humility. I sat at the Takht for over an hour and a half, but no one came to hear me out. They (the Sikh clergy) instead wanted me to meet them inside their office, but I refused as their personal office is not the Akal Takht. I wonder why they wanted the meeting to take place behind closed doors when I was ready to meet them in the open. I then left my written reply, along with files and CDs of the speech that I had made in the US, before the Guru Granth Sahib placed at the Takht and came back.”

Please read the complete news by clicking the headline above.

With thanks to the source.

SikhsIndia
www.sohnijodi.com
www.sikhsindia.blogspot.com
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/sikhsindia

No comments: